Thursday, February 2, 2012

Showing at The Comfy Cow on Frankfort Avenue

Yesterday I put up nine drawings and paintings at a local dessert place, The Comfy Cow, on
Frankfort Avenue
.  One of their rooms has an area designated for display of local artists, and the manager there was helpful and gave me the freedom to put up a selection of artwork.  I put up most of what I wanted to hang, including all of my local landmark pen-and-ink drawings.

It will be up through the end of March.

After I was done putting up my works (and drinking a chocolate malt), I stopped at the nearby B. Deemer Gallery and enjoyed a retrospective of painter Robert Knipschild, who (I learned) was an instructor to well-known Louisville oil pastel artist Martin Rollins, as well as to two of my former university professors, Ying Kit Chan and Guinever Smith.

Here’s a picture I took yesterday when I was done putting up the artwork.  It’s a cell phone photo, so it’s not very high quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment