Thursday, November 20, 2014

7 x 10 black walnut ink house portrait

I completed this last night around 1 a.m.  I wondered at the time: What percentage of my commissions reach completion between midnight and 2:00 a.m.?  More than half, for sure, and maybe more like 90%.

This is a 100-year-old house in Pennsylvania that belonged to the grandmother of the person who commissined it.  She said four generations of her family grew up around this home.  The photo references I was provided were not of the greatest clarity, but I think I was able to make out enough between the two photos, plus a little help from Google Earth, to capture it pretty well.
House portrait in black walnut ink

A detail to show what is always my favorite part, the trees:
detail of house portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment