Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Group Show

 
 
Last Friday was the opening for the group show "Springtime in Kentucky" at Leslie H. Spetz Custom Framing & Gallery.  I had my most recent race horse drawing on display, and I received some very nice comments on my work.  I especially enjoyed meeting some of the other artists.  I had a nice conversation with painter Robert Halliday (http://www.bobhalliday.com/), whose acrylic bridge paintings I've admired whenever I've stopped by the gallery.  He has some great watercolors on his web site. I had a very nice conversation with Erin Moreschi, whose large close-up floral oil painting caught my eye the first thing I walked in the door.  I spoke with Pam Ludke and told her how much I've enjoyed seeing her small oils and acrylics.
 
There were some good photos by Deb Larr, and I really admired the photos by Ted Tarquinio (http://tltoutdoorphotography.com/about.php).  I don't normally have a big interest in looking at photos, but these were great.  I found some attractive on a human-interest, crowd-scene level, and many of the others were just wonderfully put together with a great sense of light and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment