16 x 20 inches, finished today after starting it on site last week. As I stated in a previous post, this was a fairly limited palette. I wish my camera picked up more of the subtlety in the tones in the paint. I am pretty happy with it. I ended up putting a bit more foliage on the trees than there was in real life, and the scene was actually less colorful than I depicted it, with the exception of the grass on the banks, which was a pretty intense green--something I could not generate with a mix of Naples yellow and ultramarine blue.
Did some plein air painting last Friday. I used a limited earthtone palette like last time, with a slight change, substituting ultramarine blue for cerulean blue, and adding red iron oxide. The other colors are ivory black, titanium white, Naples yellow, burnt sienna, and burnt umber.
I didn't finish the painting on site, so worked more at home. I still want to work more. It's not resolved yet. Pictures forthcoming.
Red iron oxide is a monster, by the way. It walks up and punches other paint in the face kyst for laughs.